1. Aim is to increase the temperature of the Solar Oven
2. Design of Reflector for Solar Oven
3. Material Selection of Cookware
4. Design of Cookware and their stacking mechanism
About the project
Sunrice solar oven project was initiated and developed by Mr. Avinash Prabhune (Project Manager, Shenoy Labs, IITB) during his M. des at IIT Bombay.
Approach to the problem
Mindmap was prepared for the ideation process of cookware for solar oven.
Calculations involved in solar Cooker reflector dimensions
Diagram for Reflection of Sun rays.
For the design of reflector different mockup were prepared and tested. Various material were used for mockup so as to get better visualization and ideas.
Steps involved in Mockup Preparation
5.Movable flapper(final design)
Features of this design
1. Protection from rain
2. Helps to prevent dust accumulation
3. Helps to give user feel of turn off and On
Isometric view of Paper Mockup
Front view of Paper Mockup
Lever mechanism of solar oven
Styrene Mockup Preparation
Side view of Styrene Mockup
CAD render of initial and final prototypes